Sunday, July 3, 2016

Don't You Cry....I know I didn't - Mary Kubica



I have now read all Mary Kubica 's novels in the past few months. I love her writing style. I was never really into the thriller and suspenseful genre of literature until I read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I am so happy I found this genre because now I want to devour any thriller I can find.

Don't You Cry by Mary Kubica had me hooked from the beginning. Quinn's roommate goes missing and she begins to uncover clues along the way. The book has some predictable moments but there is a nice twist towards the end when the events of the book come together. While this book was not an edge of the seat as her previous novels, it was excellent in it's own way. Kubica's latest work of fiction is a puzzle you will want to solve and will not be able to put down!


I had a difficult time connecting to the characters and found them forgettable at times. Quinn was my favorite but even she did not seem as complex as I felt she had the potential to be. Kubica's writing did draw me in and I felt the need to continue reading to solve the mysterious disappearance of Esther. I hate to give too much away in my review so I leave you with this parting thought, if you enjoy thrillers or liked Kubica's other works, you will not be disappointed. I give this book 3.5 stars out of 5. I am anxiously awaiting her next book.


Stay tuned for my review of Finding Jake.

Until next time, happy reading :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment